Wednesday, July 28

Ever have one of those weeks?

I have to wonder if someone's out to get me... I have to wonder if I walked under an umberella, through a rabbit's foot over the wrong shoulder or opened a ladder indoors... It has been one of those weeks. Last tuesday my cat died and I have to own up (to my shame) that it was probably partially due to neglect on my part. Saturday night some who shall remain nameless put some"warm" ashes from the fire place into a cardboard box, next to another cardboard box, under a bean bag. We then went out for a few hours (leaving Dottie locked inside) to return to find the box half turned to cinders... the half that was not touching anything else PTL!

Then last night I plugged in my oil heater. I should have reflected a bit deeper on the smell of burning plastic but it was late and I have never been a details person. I woke up to a flash of light and fumes that no amount of absent mindedness could ignore. The wall socket had melted and caught fire. The one next to my head. No major damage at all but I slept on the floor in the lounge last night which meant waking up with a stuffed back and chinese nasal drip torture going on down the back of my throat.

But you know what? I got to hug Tash this week (who is looking stunning). I got to play dress up with the other Natasha for her seventh form ball. Jane and I hold the record for charades guessing Shawshank Redemption inside 10 seconds thanks to Roy. I got to give Dottie a haircut not because of fire damage. And you know what it really boils down to? I didn't die. I'm alive and sniffing and I get to spend the next two days on block course with some well missed mates.

Tis a strange wee life we are expected to navigate through...

1 comment:

Tash McGill said...

i'm glad that you hugged me!
you look gorgeous, so it must be your reflected gorgeousness you see.

hope that block course was good.. when will i see you again?