Saturday, October 16

I feel dumb...

Really, I do. The fact that I only speak one language fluently makes me feel dumb. Sitting through hours of conversation you dont understand, hours of television that you dont understand. Eatign the same food in the super market because you cant tell from the pictures what everything else is makes you feel a little helpless and a little useless... but apart from that it´s cool.

I´m trying to convince michael to come up in a hot air balloon with me but so far with no success.

I ridden bikes more this last week than ni the alst ten years of my life. The first night Natan took me out which was the first time Iäve been back on a bike in ages and I had to try and follow himin the dark, with no street lights, through a flippin forest! It was an adventure and I didnt fall off that time.

Michael and I took a road trip down south where he had to do some work for a couple of hours on behalf of the soccer federation. One the way there we got stuck in traffic on the autobahn for about 90 mintues all because they were trying to get everyone to merge lanes. On trhe way back it was the same except it was some sort of accident. We had to turn off the car for 40 minutes and just sit there so we had a nap.

I also calculated (very roughly) that on average we passed 14.25 trucks per minute coming in the opposite direction... we travelled for 270 mintues onthe way home... that´s over 3800 trucks. It´s not even the main autobahn people!! Plus at every rest stop which I will conservatively say there was one every 20 kms there were between 8 and 20 trucks parked for the night... crazy.

I´m a little home sick now and the guys are working and training quite a bit so I´m having a lot of reflective time.

I have to go home now and decide if I can handle the 16km cycle to midnight soccer tonight... I have a feeling that´s what made me sick last week... hmm... I tell you, this is a crazy country!

Love to you all, and if you see dottie give her a hug from me!

No comments: